[postgis-users] Support in ST_ConvexHull syntax

Gery . gamejihou at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 19 06:23:28 PDT 2011

Hello,

After reading a while, I don't get the polygon from my points table (splitbeam_point) I think it is possible through the following script:

DROP TABLE testone;
CREATE TABLE testone(
ID INT
);
SELECT AddGeometryColumn('public', 'testone', 'geom', 4326, 'POLYGON', 2);
CREATE INDEX testone_geom ON testone USING GIST ( geom );
INSERT INTO testone SELECT ST_ConvexHull(ST_Collect(geom)) AS testone_geom FROM splitbeam_point GROUP BY ID;

I get this error message:  column "id" is of type integer but expression is of type geometry

and after I insert ::numeric,4 in the ST_ConvexHull statement, I get: ERROR:  cannot cast type geometry to numeric

How can I circumvent this error?

Any support is very welcome, thanks,

Gery