[postgis-users] Tiger Geocoder: SELECT loader_generate_script( -- all states -- , 'sh') ??

René Fournier m5 at renefournier.com
Thu Oct 20 15:22:08 PDT 2011

This:

	SELECT loader_generate_script(ARRAY['DC','RI'], 'windows');

…returns a shell script that will wget the Tiger data for the states of DC and Rhode Island. And, aside from a couple small bugs, works very well. I was wondering if there were a shorthand for generating a shell script that will fetch ALL STATES?

On a related note: These scripts appear to consolidate all the states into the same tables -- I was wondering if splitting them up into separate state-specific tables would improve performance? Anyone try it?

…Rene