[postgis-users] pgsql2shp error

Christian Jauvin cjauvin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 09:53:14 PDT 2011

> Are you sure that the projection you are using is in your spatial_ref_sys
> table?

Thanks, that solved it! I hadn't specified any projection with
shp2pgsql, so I updated my geometry_columns with:

select updategeometrysrid(<table>, <column>, 4326);

and it now works. The funny thing though is that there is still an
error/warning message
at the start:

Preparing table for user query... Done.
Initializing... Geometry type unknown (have you enabled postgis?)
Done (postgis major version: 1).
Output shape: PolyLine
Dumping: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
[8603 rows].

..but it doesn't seem to affect the results. Thanks again!