[postgis-users] How to set the parent schema of postgis 2.0 to "postgis" instead of "public"

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon Apr 2 21:56:27 PDT 2012

Actually I'm not absolutely sure its the same thing.  I'll put in a ticket
myself, but it might be related.

When I move rc1 (which I had upgraded from beta2) to another schema I am
left with two functions in public.

st_dump, st_ivaliddetail

I think this is similar to what is happening to you.  I suspect that these
may have been dropped from the extension and never readded possibly because
their signature changed and they shouldn't be there or there is something
wrong with create extension that is leaving these out.

If I upgrade a clean rc2 -- there is nothing left in public.

Those functions I see now are marked as taking postgis.geometry as input. My
st_makevalid still works though and is moved to postgis.schema.  So you
might want to just upgrade to rc2

Do you see st_makevalid in public?