[postgis-users] Editing with arcgis without ArcSDE

Stephen V. Mather svm at clevelandmetroparks.com
Tue Apr 3 05:29:54 PDT 2012

Hi Rob,

                I’ve had some luck with ST-Links with 9.3.1, although have
yet to test it in detail, and probably won’t until we upgrade to 10.1.  Some
tables loaded, and were editable, others would not load.  When I used
earlier generations of software for linking ArcMap and PostGIS,  I remember
that one thing to check for with respect to ArcGIS compatibility in general
is to ensure your integers are not 8-byte as there is no corresponding type
in ArcMap.  Most integers can safely be re-cast.  There may be other
unsupported field types as well; I don’t know if numeric falls in this
category, AFAIK ArcMap has no equivalent.  One way to test would be to start
with a simple table, add fields/field types incrementally, and figure out
where it breaks.

Best,

Steve

http://www.clemetparks.com/images/esig/cmp-ms-90x122.pngStephen Mather
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Manager
(216) 635-3243

svm at clevelandmetroparks.com
 <http://www.clemetparks.com/> clevelandmetroparks.com