[postgis-users] Insert st_pixelaspolygons output into new table

Gis Mage gismage at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 08:38:00 PDT 2012

Hi list!

I want to create a table of points, representing every pixel in
another raster table.
For that I plan to use st_centroid of every square polygon returned by
st_pixelaspolygons.

The problem is that st_pixelaspolygon returns set of records, which I
can't insert into new table, or create table as output from this
function.
I need to extract geom and val or some kind of wrapper - I'm really
stuck here - never worked with record type in postgres.
Can anyone help me out?