[postgis-users] navigation tracks (x,zy) h

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Wed Apr 4 15:01:20 PDT 2012

If the aim is to actually smooth lines, this was posted recently to the list:

http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2010-October/030264.html

it uses R to accomplish the task.  The links at the bottom are still active as well for the sample output that was created.

bobb

On 4/4/2012 5:21 PM, Gery . wrote:

> Hello, has someone smoothed naviation tracks (x,y) in postgis?? thanxs.

I'm sorry, but this question does not have enough detail to understand
what you want to do.

o convert point to lines?
o smooth how? moving average?
o why do you think you need to smooth your tracks?
o are you asking about map matching your tracks to a road network?

I just guessing here, so give a little more details.

-Steve