[postgis-users] ERROR: Geometry has Z dimension but column does not

Gold, Jack L (US SSA) jack.gold at baesystems.com
Thu Apr 5 10:53:59 PDT 2012

My apologies, I sent the previous post in a hurry.  Below is the query I am using to insert a geography from text.  I still receive the error indicated.  I am, in fact, looking to insert a geography with a Z value.

CREATE TABLE myTable(location geography(PointZ,4326));

INSERT INTO myTable (location) VALUES (st_geographyFromText('SRID=4326;PointZ(85 35 500)'));

ERROR:  Geometry has Z dimension but column does not

ERROR: Geometry has Z dimension but column does not
SQL state: 22023

--Jack Gold