[postgis-users] summarizing a polygon values in a raster

Peter Tittmann ptittmann at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 16:32:49 PDT 2012

Pierre et al.

I have been investigating the apparent disappearance of ST_PixelAsPolygons.
I have updated the database to 2.0 and preformed an apparently successful
soft upgrade on the database. Still when, when trying to use the function i
get:

ERROR:  function st_pixelaspolygons(raster) does not exist

when using \df to list functions, it seems that there are two functions
called ST_PixelAsPolygon (no plural for Polygon):

public | st_pixelaspolygon                | geometry               | rast
raster, band integer, x integer, y integer

public | st_pixelaspolygon                | geometry               | rast
raster, x integer, y integer

I wonder if this is a bug in the function definition or an artifact in an
my database from a previous version.

Thanks very much for any suggestions.

Peter