[postgis-users] interpolate and extract points from line

Gery gamejihou at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 8 04:32:06 PDT 2012

Thanks for the answer, I tried st_segmentize and segmentize (I think they are
the same, at least the provide the same result) with the same formulation as
I showed before but instead of having 245 points (I think it produces
segments instead) I got 269 as result after using st_npoints. So, there is
something missing there I don't understand.

Well, I'm using this distance as decimal degrees because this line was
created from long/lat data, but I don't see what it'd be the difference of
using st_distancesphere().

I'll test your code and see what happens. Thanks again.