[postgis-users] interpolate and extract points from line

Gery gamejihou at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 8 07:32:38 PDT 2012

Thank you very much! just to thank you Nicolas because it did work! your last
code really did the trick, here I attached an image of the interpolated
points over the smoothed tracks.
http://postgis.17.n6.nabble.com/file/n4708512/Screenshot.png

Thanks also for the explanation, I didn't know that segmentize also takes
the number of points already in the line, good to know. That's true about
the distance, but these tracks are short ones, the largest one is about 300
meters I think, so no problem. I know that trick, I think you explained me
that some emails ago =D

Thanks dude again, you're very nice, and just to point out, PostGis is
really impressive, I was officially impressed before when I was trying to
convert points to lines based on same name of tracks, in arcgis that took me
several hours in order to complete a series of tracks, like 5 o 6 hrs I
think, and with PG it was amazingly fast, and I also compared now this
process with arcgis and doing this manually in arcgis is painful (and also
gave me more points than I calculated, why? no idea), PG is more precise and
definitely rocks, my special thanks and respect to the PostGis Team,
fantastic job!

Cheers,