[postgis-users] Topology working example (was: Postgis topology help)

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Sun Apr 8 14:55:14 PDT 2012

Hi,

The attached script creates a Postgres database, adds Postgis with topology & uses linestring geometries as the underlying data to create topologies, then extracts the generated faces as simple polygon geometries.

It was a useful learning exercise for me to put this together, with advice from strk. I'm posting it here as I hope it will help others starting to use topologies with Postgis.

Cheers,

  Brent Wood