[postgis-users] How to design a database for continents, countries, regions, cities and POIs?

Jerry Carter jerry at jerrycarter.org
Wed Apr 11 08:47:02 PDT 2012

Question out ignorance because I was not aware that this capability existed.

I might have a geometry for a country and separate geometries for the next layer of administrative regions (e.g. states in the United States).  But there are often minor differences in the polygons such that the polygon for the country is nearly but not exactly the union of the states.  How is this handled?

Thanks.

-=- Jerry