[postgis-users] Synchronization between topogeometries and primitives

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Apr 12 02:34:24 PDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 11:27:24AM +0200, Jose Carlos Martinez wrote:
> HI list,
> Sandro I was wondering if the future plans include some kind of
> syncronization. One example:
> When one row of a topogeom layer is deleted then postgis checks if
> there are no primitives which depend on it and then deletes the
> primitives.
>
> Do you think this kind of rules make sense?

I'm not sure it makes sense to have a rule for that,
but we could have a function to do it, sure.
It would be a kind of "topology simplification".

Also we might want to provide garbage collector to drop records
from the "relation" table providing definition of TopoGeometry objects
which are not found anymore in their "deploy table". You can get
a lot of such "orphaned" TopoGeometry by calling toTopoGeometry and not
storing the result into the layer table...

--strk;