[postgis-users] PostGIS Raster / Geom intersection perfromance.

LewInMadrid lclark at genasys.com
Thu Apr 12 12:14:20 PDT 2012

When I try the same command with a tiled raster the indexes don't seem to be
used.

If I specify the tile directly with rid=3, the query takes about 2 second.
If not, it takes around 30seconds.

SELECT (pvc).* FROM (SELECT ST_ValueCount(rast,1,false) AS pvc
  FROM ( SELECT st_clip(rast,
                        (SELECT geom FROM nucleos WHERE tag =
'28079000101')) rast
         FROM temprast where rid=3) foo2
) AS foo ORDER BY (pvc).value;

What can I do to make it use the raster index?