[postgis-users] about ogr2ogr

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 12 19:42:49 PDT 2012

2012/4/12 superman0920 <superman0920 at gmail.com>:
> Hi
> I input data from MIF files by ogr2ogr.
> I find the string column use char type. For example, the column defined NAME
> char(100) and the value is TEST.
> I selected that column, the value is TEST and 96 spaces.
> How can I assign the type of column when I import

Superman,

>From http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_pg.html we see that
the layer creation option PRECISION can be set to NO
to disable preserving precision and instead use VARCHAR.

eg.

ogr2ogr -lco PRECISION=NO ...

> and how can I assign the name of the geometry column?

The same page mentions you can use the GEOMETRY_NAME layer
creation option to control the name of the geometry column in the
created table.

Best regards,