[postgis-users] configure error: could not find gdal

Simon Ortet simon.ortet at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 02:39:43 PDT 2012

Thanks Mike I could solve it with your help:

I've checked my postgis config.log and found this:
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libpq.so.5, needed by /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so, not
found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

I had installed postgres 9.1.3 from sources in /usr/local/pgsql and the
symlinks libpq.so.* are in /usr/local/pgsql/lib
So I added that directory to ld.so.conf, run ldconfig and the ./configure
of postgis passed.

It's odd I never had to do that in my previous postgres installs. I'll keep
that in mind from now on.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Simon