[postgis-users] Raster import is causing Postgres to close

JamesH james.holmes at newcastle.ac.uk
Thu Apr 19 04:51:21 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to import a Thermal Imagery 3-Band TIFF (approx. 27MB).

Currently in raster2pgsql I am using:
raster2pgsql -s 27700 -I -C C:\Users\Data\thermal.tif >
C:\Users\Data\Thermal.sql

This executes fine in CMD, but when I open the sql file in Postgres it
doesn't load and causes Postgres to stop working and close.
I thought perhaps I needed to tile it, so I tried breaking it into 64x64
tiles but this had the same result.

Can anyone advise on what could be causing this?

Kind Regards,
James

-----
GIS Undergraduate