[postgis-users] Question about the right installation of postgis 2.0.0

Giannis Giakoumidakis ggiakoumidakis at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 20 02:16:38 PDT 2012

My pgAdminIII still uses postgresql 8.4, even though i've installed 9.1. Anyway, I follow instructions from "2.5. Create a spatially-enabled database on PostgreSQL lower than 9.1".
When I get to the:

"Now load the PostGIS object and function definitions into your database by loading the postgis.sql definitions file (located in [prefix]/share/contrib as specified during the configuration step).
psql -d [yourdatabase] -f postgis.sql."

I get many errors ending like:

"psql:postgis.sql:6075: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:postgis.sql:6081: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
ROLLBACK".

Anyone has an idea about that?