[postgis-users] compiling documentation

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Apr 24 00:35:56 PDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 08:56:15AM +0200, Pasquale Di Donato wrote:

> > By using the ./make_dist.sh call and working inside the created
> > folder it won't be easy to contribute patches back, instead
> > you can take out the 2nd step:
> >
> >  -> svn checkout http://svn.osgeo.org/postgiss/trunk
> >  -> cd trunk
> >  -> ./autogen.sh
> >  -> ./configure
> >  -> cd doc
> >  -> make html (or pdf)
> >

> Sandro tha was the way I first proceeded..but got the error:
>

> In file included from liblwgeom_internal.h:19:0,
>                  from stringbuffer.c:40:
> ../postgis_config.h:4:34: fatal error: postgis_svn_revision.h: No such
> file or directory
>
> Don't know what it means.

It means that TOPDIR/postgis_svn_revision.h is required but such
requirement isn't properly encoded in doc/Makefile.
You can build it manually using (from within the doc/ dir):

 make -C .. postgis_svn_revision.h

I'll update the Makefile to do it automatically if you file a ticket for it.
Thanks !

--strk;