[postgis-users] Geom/Rast Intersection St9bad_alloc

JamesH james.holmes at newcastle.ac.uk
Tue Apr 24 08:42:05 PDT 2012

"I am attempting to intersect a vector dataset of building polygons with a
3-Band Thermal tiff to produce a dataset that shows the thermal readings for
each polygon."

If I took the 3 band jpeg of this raster and used ST_AsTiff to convert it to
a single band tiff would this calculation be valid? How could I place this
into the query?

SELECT gid, ST_Intersection(geom, rast, 1)
FROM clip_build, nclheat
WHERE ST_Intersects(rast, geom)

any help greatly appreciated,

Kind Regards,