[postgis-users] Topology

Bob Pawley rjpawley at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 24 10:14:52 PDT 2012

Hi

I’ve set up postgis 2.0 and have run the topology.sql file.

Select postgis_full_version() returns the TOPOLOGY label.

However, unlike the postgis 1.5 setup, when I run
select topology.CreateTopology('TEST', -1);
I get the following error which I’m not able to interpret.

NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "face_face_id_seq" for serial column "face.face_id"
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "CREATE TABLE "TEST".face (face_id SERIAL, CONSTRAINT face_primary_key PRIMARY KEY(face_id));"
PL/pgSQL function "createtopology" line 26 at EXECUTE statement
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "face_primary_key" for table "face"
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "CREATE TABLE "TEST".face (face_id SERIAL, CONSTRAINT face_primary_key PRIMARY KEY(face_id));"
PL/pgSQL function "createtopology" line 26 at EXECUTE statement
ERROR:  function addgeometrycolumn(unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, integer) is not unique
LINE 1: SELECT AddGeometryColumn('TEST','face','mbr','-1','POLYGON',...
               ^
HINT:  Could not choose a best candidate function. You might need to add explicit type casts.
QUERY:  SELECT AddGeometryColumn('TEST','face','mbr','-1','POLYGON',2)
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "createtopology" line 33 at EXECUTE statement

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob