[postgis-users] Geom/Rast Intersection St9bad_alloc

JamesH james.holmes at newcastle.ac.uk
Wed Apr 25 02:06:35 PDT 2012

"However, if I wanted to create a view or a new dataset which has the raster
clipped by the polygon's geometry
 in addition to the stats, can I use just ST_Clip?"

I think I understand my problem better now. What I ideally want is the
composite raster (i.e. all three bands as one RGB raster)
 to be clipped by the extent of the polygon shapefiles. Something roughly
similar to this image:

http://postgis.17.n6.nabble.com/file/n4916091/example.jpg

But by combining all three bands into one single band, I think I will lose
the integrity of the thermal values so the values
 won't any longer be accurate but this is ok as I'm more concerned with just
a visual Raster / Vector intersection.
Apologies I should have made this much clearer in my initial questions.

Kind Regards,
James

-----
GIS Undergraduate