[postgis-users] Using PosGIS in one dimension

Alvaro Tejero Cantero alvaro at minin.es
Wed Apr 25 14:54:40 PDT 2012

David, Mike,

thank you very much for this spot-on information!

I have two follow-up questions:

1/ is there an estimated release date for pg 9.2? (in its stead: are
Postgres pre-release versions usually 'stable enough' - I am in an
explorative setting, rock-solid stability is not yet needed).

2/ do these functions work with sets of intervals? I found an older post
about an extension that seems to care for that
http://scottrbailey.wordpress.com/2009/10/06/timespan_sets/

and I am concerned about how to do that efficiently (i.e. without a double
loop on A intervals and B intervals).

Thanks again,

-á.