[postgis-users] Topology GetRingEdges

Bob Pawley rjpawley at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 30 08:30:56 PDT 2012

Well, it would seem to me that I need to identify the geometry at some point
as a start (and end) for "walking" the geom, hence, the ST_Intersects.

I've attempted to use the geom column in the edge_data table but so far
haven't been able to make this work (errors returned) -

select topology.getringedges(edge_data, 1), entities.wkb_geometry
    from "TEST".edge_data, entities
    where "TEST".edge_data.edge_id = 1

So far, this is the only combination that I can make work.

My problem may be that I am confused on the atopology varchar for which the
GetRingEdge is looking, if it isn't the geom of table edge_data.

And I am also wondering why the TEST schema produced by toTopoGeom requires
double quotes in order to be recognized?

Or am I entirely missing the point?

Bob