[postgis-users] how to transfer wkt geometry from mysql to postgis?

Robert Buckley robertdbuckley at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 00:58:55 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have wkt geometry data in mysql stored in blob format.
I need to get this data into a postgis db and am looking for the quickest-easiest way to do it. I have managed to select the data "ASTEXT" but can then only copy it into QGIS -> export to shape -> import to postgis....but this is probably not the easiest way.

Is there a way to directly import a table from mysql into postgis?

thanks for any help,

Robert