[postgis-users] raster extent and performance problem... anyone?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Aug 23 16:53:01 PDT 2012

1.9.1 - yes, I saw your discussion about GDAL problems.  Maybe the rounding bug has something to do with it, but even when no bounding box is used from GDAL (like when I just want to query what the extent is of the whole raster), I get the wrong extents and horrible performance.

I'd like to at least verify that the PostGIS raster is OK first.  GDAL dev is not really a good option since I need to deploy the extraction scripts on a few computers very soon, and it's best if I can use a packaged distribution.

The vrt of the original geotiffs works, so that's what I'll probably be using.