[postgis-users] Rast index : Could not get raster's convex hull

Francois Hugues hugues.francois at irstea.fr
Sun Dec 2 14:17:13 PST 2012

Hello,

Thanks for your answer Bborie and, please, excuse me for the time it took me to reply, but a new born girl arrived in my family on last Tuesday.

Your query returns no line and that's normal since I deleted all lines where st_height = 0. I had already done that when I sent my first mail.

Anyway I was unable to reproduce strictly the same error :
1. I tried one more time to run the index creation query and... Tadam ! It worked
2. In fact, I'm trying to create a function to create a new complete tiled raster of slopes from an original tiled raster (to avoid no data at borders of tiles) and tried to  make the index on the table in creation into the function. I got the "could not get raster's convexhull error". I assume, I'm missing something here. The function is attached to this mail.
3. I(re)tried to create the new table without gist index to create it after function processed as I did the first time numerous times. Index query worked each time... Don't understand why it didn't the first time.

If you want to try the function : select tiledslopes('your_schema','your_tiled_raster table', 'new_table_name', 'tile_size (ex: 128x128)').
You will need the other function attached (makegrid).

Hugues.

--

Hugues FRANÇOIS

IR - UR DTM