[postgis-users] PostGIS 2.0 instalation problem

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue Dec 18 15:48:27 PST 2012

Willy,

when you say compressed postgis file -- you mean the one on this page?

http://www.postgis.org/download/windows/#windbinaries

I unfortunately don't have a windows xp machine readily handy to test with.
I haven't tried upgrading my test to 9.1.7 to rule that out as an issue so
I'll give that a try.
This issue is usually caused by libxml2-2.dll incompatibilities.  Though I
gather you are using the one packaged with PostGIS since it looks like the
postgres one isu using libxml2.dll

Have you been running PostGIS 2 or 1.5 on your windows xp successfully in
past

Thanks,
Regina
http://www.postgis.us