[postgis-users] PostGIS 2.0 instalation problem

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Fri Dec 21 08:47:44 PST 2012

Well looks like 998 means some sort of memory allocation error or corrupted
file.

Last time I saw a problem like this was when the 2 GEOS files were out of
synch.

The PostGIS windows packages come with two GEOS files:

libgeos_c-1.dll
libgeos-3-*.dll

where for 2.0.1 the 3-* I think was 3-3-5 .libgeos_c-1.dll depends on
libgeos-3-*.

If the file libgeos_c-1.dll  is in use during install, it should throw a
warning of some sort and error out, but if per chance it doesn't that's a
packaging mistake on my part.

If those two are out of synch postgis will fail to load and I think gives a
998 or something similar.

To fix, shut down your postgresql service, restart and then install (make
sure no one is accessing your postgresql (particularly trying to run postgis
queries).
Or shut down copy the files from one of the zip I mentioned and then start
up the service again.

  _____