[postgis-users] Using PostGIS for latitude & longitude

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Fri Dec 28 00:10:56 PST 2012

Neville,

I don't use 'Google maps. I'm unable to provide Google with an in perpetuity licence for my data, so cannot comply with their terms of service.

I also need a web mapping engine that can display polar data & support projections, neither of which Google can.

I have used OpenLayers with Open Street Map (OSM) data instead of Google Maps. Generally a quite acceptable & more flexible/powerful (but more complex) alternative.

So sorry, I can't help with the Google API to get your data onto a Google map.

Cheers,

  Brent Wood