[postgis-users] ST_Intersects(geom, geom) Memory issue

Andreas Forø Tollefsen andreasft at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 07:55:08 PST 2012

I tested the query again and identified which commit of revisions
introduced the problem.
Until revision 8876 the query works fine.
After revision 8877 the query leaks memory and eats up all of the
servers memory in a couple of minutes.

Tested:
8096 OK
8796 OK
8866 OK
8876 OK
8877 NOT OK
8886 NOT OK
8896 NOT OK
8996 NOT OK
9096 NOT OK

Again the query was simply:

SELECT a.gid, g.startyear, g.endyear, g.cowgroup, a.gridyear INTO geoepr_cell
FROM priogridall a, priogrid p, geoepreth2 g WHERE a.gid = p.gid AND
a.gridyear = 1946 AND a.gwcode = g.cowcode AND ST_Intersects(p.cell,
g.geom)
AND g.startyear <= 1946 AND g.endyear >= 1946 GROUP BY a.gid,
g.startyear, g.endyear, g.cowgroup, a.gridyear ORDER BY gid ;

Would be great if you could look into this.

Best,

Andreas