[postgis-users] Why so terribly slow?

DavidRA theboss777 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 02:58:34 PST 2012

I see, thanks for the tip. I used PL/PGSQL because some functions such as
"ST_AsRaster" are implemented that way and are structurally similar to the
ones I want to make. But well, after taking a look at the map algebra
functions I think they will be helpful... I'll just have to go over the
syntax of these kind of expressions. Thank you very much!

pvaldes: the function I put up there is just a basic example with no
utility. Later on, I'll want to work on fuzzy logic, weighted average...