[postgis-users] Installing raster in POSTGIS 2.0

nikhil nikhil_morajkar at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 10 06:45:21 PST 2012

Hi,

Yes i have used the same tutorial.But when i execute the "psql -d
yourdatabase -f postgis.sql" command. i get :
spheroid does not exist.
geometry does not exist.
and many others.....

Furthermore if i try "psql -d yourdatabase -f spatial_ref_sys.sql" this
command i get:
spatial_ref_sys.sql table does not exist.

Note: I am using "postgis-2.0.0alpha3SVN". The .sql files are not created at
the locations specified by this tutorial.
1) my postgis.sql is at:   /postgis/postgis.sql
2) my rtpostgis.sql is at: /raster/rt_pg/rtpostgis.sql
similarly rest of the .sql files are also at other locations.

I dont know where am i going wrong. Please mention the details about the
dependencies if any.

thanks for replying.

nikhil morajkar
IIT Bombay.