[postgis-users] Trouble seeinglisting tables

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Mon Feb 13 14:25:01 PST 2012

This is the output from \d "Metwp100Poly"  (which is the real name for
mytable):

postgistest=# \d "Metwp100Poly"

                                    Table "public.Metwp100Poly"

   Column   |         Type          |                          Modifiers

------------+-----------------------+-----------------------------------
--------

-------------------

 gid        | integer               | not null default
nextval('"Metwp100Poly_gi

d_seq"'::regclass)

 objectid   | numeric(10,0)         |

 town       | character varying(40) |

 county     | character varying(15) |

 geocode    | character varying(5)  |

 geocodenum | integer               |

 cntycode   | character varying(2)  |

 land       | character varying(1)  |

 tag        | character varying(1)  |

 island     | character varying(1)  |

 lurc       | character varying(1)  |

 baxter     | character varying(1)  |

 shape_area | numeric               |

 shape_len  | numeric               |

 the_geom   | geometry              |

    "Metwp100Poly_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (gid)

    "Metwp100Poly_the_geom_gist" gist (the_geom)

Check constraints:

    "enforce_dims_the_geom" CHECK (st_ndims(the_geom) = 2)

    "enforce_geotype_the_geom" CHECK (geometrytype(the_geom) =
'MULTIPOLYGON'::t

ext OR the_geom IS NULL)

    "enforce_srid_the_geom" CHECK (st_srid(the_geom) = 26919)

>From the Select statement I get the item names:

postgistest=# select * from "Metwp100Poly";

 gid  | objectid |               town               |    county    |
geocode | g

eocodenum | cntycode | land | tag | island | lurc | baxter |  shape_area

hape_len   |

-Then lost of blank space, have to hold down the space bar for a while,
then I get a long string of dashes, then finally the data starts showing
up.

But, if I do the select statement in pgAdmin (with table name quoted),
the data looks pretty much like I'd expect.

Does this help?