[postgis-users] what is the future of POSTGIS Raster support and POSTGIS raster database design model

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Tue Feb 14 06:12:11 PST 2012

> please tell me about the future plans of postgis raster and give me some good
> links that provide that information.

Everything is in this page:

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/WKTRaster

Check the working  specifications and the tickets.

> also give me a link on POSTGIS raster database design model.

There is no database model, just a data type: RASTER. Like for the GEOMETRY type you can store raster in different arrangement (topological, non-topological, with or without overlaps, gaps, tiled or not) depending on the needs of your application. Have a look at the unofficial documentation:

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/WKTRaster/Documentation01

Pierre