[postgis-users] advice for quicker display?

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Wed Feb 15 11:58:37 PST 2012

Interesting- that works until I zoom in to about 1:50000 scale, then the layer  stops drawing with this error:

prepare_database(): Query error. Error declaring cursor: ERROR:  column "map_bk_lot" does not exist
LINE 1: DECLARE mycursor BINARY CURSOR FOR SELECT "map_bk_lot"::text...
                                                  ^

With query string: DECLARE mycursor BINARY CURSOR FOR SELECT "map_bk_lot"::text,asbinary(force_collection(force_2d(the_geom)),'NDR'),gid::text from (select gid, ST_Simplify(the_geom, 10.0) as the_geom from parcels) as foo WHERE the_geom && setSRID('BOX3D(438251.727851473 4907493.5454546,445395.272148527 4910840.4545454)'::BOX3D, 26919 )

---Once again, the map_bk_lot column does indeed exist.  It will redraw fine when I zoom out again.