[postgis-users] postgis raster st_value

John Callahan john.callahan at udel.edu
Mon Feb 20 13:27:34 PST 2012

Hopefully this is a question with a quick answer....

I have a few rasters loaded into PostGIS 2.0 alpha5.  I loaded them with
tiles at 256x256 px (no real reason why I chose those dimensions.)  When I
run a simple ST_Value() statement, returned is one record for each tile.
 And, of course, every one of those will be blank except for the tile that
contains the location.  Is there a way to return only the value, and not a
full array of nearly empty cells?   (of course, only one value is returned
when the raster is not-tiled but I'm not sure if that's the way to go.)
 Thanks.

- John

John Callahan, Research Scientist
Delaware Geological Survey, University of Delaware