[postgis-users] Unable to laod "C:/Program Files (x86)/PostgreSQL/9.1/lib/postgis-1.5.dll" unknown error 998

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sat Feb 25 19:13:55 PST 2012

Sebastian,

Is your old database working again or not?

Yah they do get installed by the stack builder. So strange they did not.
It's possible it sensed you already had postgis installed because its in
your registry and did nothing.

Did you try uninstalling postgis first? You should see it listed in control
panel / programs or you can just uninstall it with
the uninstall file in postgresql folder.

Then try reinstalling again. Alternatively -- and a safer route if you have
data, just use the batch script in the download zip file from postgis site.
It is set to create a template database as I recall.

In theory you don't need a template database, and moving forward (9.1+ +
2.0, we aren't going to bother with a tempalte_postgis, because its much
easier to use CREATE EXTENSION).

Thanks,
Regina
http://www.postgis.us