[postgis-users] Raster + Geometry Intersection

Ed Linde edolinde at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 06:25:02 PST 2012

Hi Pierre,
I used --> */root/postgis-svn/raster/loader/raster2pgsql -s 4326 -t 50x50
-I *.tif public.srtm_tiled > elev.sql*
for the loading. The switch in args did not make a difference
unfortunately! :(
I am pretty sure that the OSM roads geometry used SRID = 4326, and I think
the arguments I have
used to get in the tif files with the -s option also is right.
One warning I got while loading was (maybe it makes sense to you?) :

*/root/postgis-svn/raster/loader/raster2pgsql -s 4326 -t 50x50 -I *.tif
public.srtm_tiled > elev.sql
*Processing 1/4: srtm_38_01.tif
Processing 2/4: srtm_38_02.tif
*WARNING: Different geotransform matrices found in the set of rasters being
converted to PostGIS raster
*Processing 3/4: srtm_39_01.tif
Processing 4/4: srtm_39_02.tif

I tried loading the rasters and the roads in qgis, but it didn't manage to
show them together, so I am not sure why its
not aligning. I am sure its some sort of alignment issue, but do not see
where its wrong. I am getting the SRTM files
from http://gis-lab.info/data/srtm-tif/
And the OSM road was just the map for Denmark on OSM -->
http://download.geofabrik.de/osm/europe/

Is it possible for you to intersect these? I understand you are the author
of the postgis tutorial that I am trying to follow
to achieve the same...hence I ask. :)

Cheers,
Ed