[postgis-users] topology example

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 08:06:10 PST 2012

Hi Sandro,

Thanks a lot for your attention.
I did not had so much time to look deeply into it these two days.

So far, I could not perform make check correctly due to some passwords
problems.

Basically, I have a database in oracle (non spatial) in topobase
(autocad) with pipes. I am migrating the whole thing to use Qgis to
manage the network.
So I collected all the given errors when using toTopoGeom to first
correct the geometry in autocad, then re-importing and re-creating the
topology again.

I don't really understand how the topology is handled in postgis and
what is for example written in the topogeom column.
There is still one main point which I don't understand. Why is there any
control on the topology if there is validateTopology function?