[postgis-users] Proper method to install Postgis snapshot over Ubuntu GIS repository install

Worth Lutz wal3 at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 29 12:24:56 PST 2012

After finding a problem in 1.5.3 and reporting it and getting it fixed in
the 1.5.4 svn, I have loaded the snapshot on my development machine.  I just
installed it over the exiting installation from the repository.  Is this
right?

Now I need to move on with my project and move to production machine.

What is the best way to load this on this Ubuntu system.  Should I uninstall
the 1.5.3 which came from the UbuntuGis repository and then install the
version which works.  And then when 1.5.4 is released in the repository,
will it just install over the snapshot?

As you can see I'm a bit confused.

Worth