[postgis-users] slow sql queries in postgis

Smith Roman autisi at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 14:21:50 PST 2012

Thanks for your responses

the complete specs are as follows

The OS version is windows server 2008 R2
Postgres version= 8.4
Postgis version = 1.5
Processor speed: 1.87ghz.
 Processor type: Intel Xenon.
 RAM: 2GB.

My sql query

Hibernate: select this_.gid as gid0_0_, this_.area as area0_0_, this_.class_id as class3_0_0_, this_.class_name as class4_0_0_, this_.the_geom as the5_0_0_, this_.mangrove_length as mangrove6_0_0_, this_.parts as parts0_0_ from mangrove this_ where ((this_.the_geom && ? )  and (this_.the_geom && ? AND intersects(this_.the_geom, ?)))

How do I can i ensure that my spatial indexes are proper ?

I have just upgraded my ram to 3gb and still can't really notice a significant performance improvement. I have even increased shared buffer to 512mb.

cheers,