[postgis-users] raster2pgsql import result looks corrupted when using -t parameter

Gis Mage gismage at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 06:28:15 PDT 2012

Hi list,

I'm importing a Float32 type GeoTiff to postgis.

When I'm importing a raster to just one record (without -t parameter),
then resulting raster looks ok in qgis.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7488735/untiled.png

When I use a -t 10x10 parameter to load the raster as tiles, the sql
is generated without any errors, psql loads it without any errors
aswell, I get the expected number of rows in the table, but when I
load it in qgis, it looks corrupted - I see lots of corrupted tiles in
the picture, like this:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7488735/tiled.png

I get a lot of nodata pixels, where there is data in the initial raster.

I'm using postgresql 9.1.4 + postgis 2.0.1

Is it a problem with float32 rasters?
Does raster2pgplsql use gdal_retile.py script?
Could it be a gdal problem, or it is a problem during loading?
I tried both with -Y parameter and without it, and result looks ugly
in both cases.