[postgis-users] Error compiling postgis 2.0.1 in Centos 6.3

Mike Toews mwtoews at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 16:18:23 PDT 2012

On 19 July 2012 08:44, Nahum Castro <pedro1_72 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The problem with the postgresql.org repo is that do not have gdal and raster
> capabilities.

Hi Nahum,

A few days ago I finished some instructions for CentOS 6, using PGDG and EPEL.

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiPostGIS20CentOS6pgdg

GDAL is now mostly in PGDG (it wasn't before), but there are still a
few missing dependencies for CentOS 6, which are supplied by EPEL.

Devrim, I have in the instructions "these [extra GDAL dependency]
packages may be included as part of PGDG in future release", I'm not
sure if that's true or not. Do you want a list of what else is
missing? (I realize there is an impressive list of dependencies)

-Mike