[postgis-users] distance from centroid to the points that form the outer boundary of the polygon

Yamini Singh yaminijsingh at live.com
Mon Jul 30 06:04:15 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I am looking for suggestions for the following problem I have
at hand.

1.
I have a table that contain multipolygons

2.
I want to calculate the maximum distance of
points that form the polygon  from the centroid
of the polygon. For example of the polygon is formed of 50 points then I want
to have distance of all the 50 points from the centroid of the polygon.

I am not sure if someone has done this before. But I am
finding it difficult to implement it. Any help in this regards is welcome…
Best,YJS