[postgis-users] st_value/st_world2rastercoordx error

Bborie Park bkpark at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jul 31 07:06:56 PDT 2012

Can you isolate the geometry that is causing the NaN?  Maybe something like

SELECT
  rowid,
  ST_X(geometry)
  ST_Y(geometry)
FROM mygeometrytable

The error message indicates that somehow a NaN is being passed to
ST_World2RasterCoordX...

Also, your query isn't ideal.  You should add another WHERE clause dealing
with the intersection of the rast and the geometry.

UPDATE export.tous_point_espece_selon_format_esri SET
pente_mnt = ST_VALUE(rast, geometrie, true)
FROM raster.pente_mnt30
WHERE code_insee LIKE '30%'
AND ST_Intersects(geometrie, rast)

-bborie

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 2:09 AM, Mathieu Bossaert (CEN L-R)
<sig at cenlr.org>wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> first of all I want to thank the PostGIS community for the great job she
> does.
>
> I am a french user of postgis since 2006 and it helps us a lot in our
> mission to preserve landscapes and biodiversity.
> Since a few month we use rasters function in order to characterize species
> distribution.
>
> I have a problem with 1 of 5 raster table containing a dem.
> When I try to populate an elevation attribute of a point layer from this
> raster I get an error. To workaround this problem I use pg-script to run
> this update line after line.
>
> Is there a way to run this command, skipping the error.
>
> Here is the query :
>
> UPDATE export.tous_point_espece_selon_format_esri SET pente_mnt =
> ST_VALUE(rast, geometrie, true)
> FROM raster.pente_mnt30
> WHERE code_insee LIKE '30%'
>
> And here is the error (sorry it's in french)
>
> ERREUR: syntaxe en entrée invalide pour l'entier : « NaN »
> CONTEXTE : PL/pgSQL function "st_world2rastercoordx" lors de la conversion
> de la valeur de retour au type de retour de la fonction PL/pgSQL function
> "st_value" line 13 at RETURN
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Mathieu Bossaert
>
> --