[postgis-users] PostgreSQL/PostGIS x64 Error on PostGIS Install

donald.kerr donald.kerr at dkerr.co.uk
Wed Jun 6 08:00:39 PDT 2012

Hi List,

I am trying to set up a Windows 7 x64 laptop with PostgreSQL and PostGIS. Both program versions are x64 as follows:

PostgreSQL: postgresql-9.1.4-1-windows-x64.exe
PostGIS: postgis-pg91x64-setup-2.0.0-4.exe

I am using an existing data directory and the PostgreSQL goes well, reporting no errors - confirmed running in services. I never used StackBuilder to install PostGIS as my connection at this location is poor.

When I try to install PostGIS (using the above install file), the following error is reported:

Database installation of PostGIS functions failed

Error log:
ERROR:  expected "]" to end datum, but got "9212} :resno 1 :resname set_config :ressortgroupref 0 :resorigtbl 0 :resorigcol 0 :resjunk false}) :returningList <> :groupClause <> :havingQual <> :windowClause <> :distinctClause <> :sortClause <> :limitOffset <> :limitCount <> :rowMarks <> :setOperations <> :constraintDeps <>})"; length = 1
LINE 1: SELECT reset_val                          FROM pg_settings W...
                                                       ^
QUERY:  SELECT reset_val                          FROM pg_settings WHERE name = 'search_path'
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "addtosearchpath" line 6 at SQL statement

That's as far as it gets.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.  Regards,

Donald