[postgis-users] Organizations relying on PostGIS

Andy Colson andy at squeakycode.net
Tue Jun 12 09:52:45 PDT 2012

On 6/12/2012 12:29 AM, Lee Hachadoorian wrote:
> I'm going to be giving a talk on PostGIS to a local Postgres group
> next week. I would like to mention some large clients and/or
> interesting uses to my audience, but the Case Studies section on the
> PostGIS website is a bit dated. Does anyone want to call attention to
> any enterprise, government, or otherwise interesting implementations?
>
> Best,
> --Lee

We host maps (and data) via mod_perl, postgres, postgis, mapserver, and
openlayers.

Any of the sites listed in yellow are our data sites, some of which have
our maps:

http://iowaassessors.com/
http://minnesotaassessors.com/
etc

Our Maps include: Buchanan IA, Iowa City IA, Hamilton IA, Jasper IA,
Blue Earth MN, etc.

All our maps look (GUI wise) the same, there might be some counties in
yellow (ie data hosted by Vanguard Appraisals) that have maps hosted by
another company (but not many).  Linn IA, and Washington IA are two
examples of maps we don't host.

Our Data with map embeded:
http://blueearth.minnesotaassessors.com/parcel.php?gid=114005

Our Map directly:
http://maps.camavision.com/map/blueearthmn?pin=R010904251010

We are a non-government company primarily hired by city/county assessors
(ie. government) to do mass property appraisals (for example, we assess
every residential building in an entire city).  we also host their data
(and maps!) on-line.

I'd be happy to answer questions.

-Andy