[postgis-users] Linestring intersections + intersection order

Ed Linde edolinde at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 13:44:40 PDT 2012

Hi all,
I am trying to compute the intersection between a given linestring and a
whole set of linestrings in a table.
So the idea is that this single linestring will get intersected by the
lines in the table at multiple points.
Only thing is that i know the start and end of the linestring and I would
like to know the ORDER in which
these intersections took place.
So the end result is that I get to see my query linestring along with all
the "intersection points" with an increasing
ID to indicate which point comes before the other. Hope that made sense. :)

Cheers,
Ed